Spring is here and it’s time for our 7th Annual STOMPing Out Type 2 Diabetes event on April 16th at the Tallahassee Museum. Join us for a morning of family fun and fitness- here’s a glimpse of the program:
• 8:30 doors open and free admission until event closes at 11:30 AM
• 1 mile family fun STOMP at 9:30. Free registration to help your school win the Most Participants CASH Award at: https://www.eventbriite.com
• Fishing Derby for ages 12 and under -A 10 year old participant at last year’s Stomp Fishing Derby had this to say: “I’ve never fished before. I can’t believe I won a free fishing pole. Now I can teach my family and exercise all of the time.”
• Tennis and bike demonstrations and fitness challenges
• Free wellness screenings and resources
• School dance teams performances
• And, lots, lots more! Click here for our flyer and learn more about this fun event - Q:\STOMP\2016\Stomp Out Diabetes Flyer_20163.pdf
Come out and help us Stomp out Type 2 Diabetes, a disease directly related to poor nutrition and lack of exercise. Recent health screenings indicate that at least 1/3 of our student population is at risk. Over the past 6 years, the Foundation has raised over $100,000 to develop and launch school wellness programs. Our premier partners Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare, Premier Health & Fitness, and the Tallahassee Museum are proud to co-host this event to help families embrace healthier lifestyles!
Welcome to the Foundation for Leon County Public Schools
The Foundation for Leon County Schools garners private and public engagement to support Leon County Public Schools. As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, the Foundation provides our schools with programs and resources that are not supported by tax dollars, to ensure that Leon County remains one of the top performing districts in the state. Since its establishment in 1986, the Foundation has invested more than $1.7 million dollars for the enhancement of public education in Leon County.
Thank you CCB, our 2014 Valedictorian Soiree Sponsor!
Every Child, Every Chance, Every Day